- 1 cup pine nuts. These have to be carefully browned in olive oil (1 tablespoon EVOO) on a low heat, stirring often. Set aside to cool.
- 1/2 cup of diced sweet onion and 1 full garlic clove minced. These have to be "sweated" clean on low heat in olive oil. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together 3 lbs of ground chuck and 1 lb of mild ground sausage.
- Add two raw eggs and 2 cups of fine bread crumbs.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning. 1/2 teaspoon Adolf's meat tenderizer. 1 teaspoon of black pepper. 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add in pine nuts, seated onions and 1 cup dark raisins.
- Make into meatballs. Bake on tin foil at 375 for 40 minutes.
- After cooling shrink wrap and freeze. Or eat them all!
I get requests for this recipe so I wanted to pass it along. Enjoy!